- Are you between 18 and 30 years old?
- Are you looking for ways to get involved in the climate debate and do you have experience in developing workshops or training people? (not required but a pre)
- Would you like to support young people in countries across the worldto present their sustainable solutions to their policymakers?
- Are you enthusiastic, interested, proactive, full of energy and eager to learn?
- Are you available for approximately 8 hours a week?
Then join the WAT Global Partnership team!
What is the Jonge Klimaatbeweging (JKB) / Youth Climate Movement NL?
Youth Climate Movement NL unites the voices of various Dutch youth organizations into one strong voice. Based on the shared vision for a sustainable future of over 150.000 young people they influence climate and sustainability policies through campaigns by entering into discussions with politicians, policymakers and the business community. Our Youth Climate Agenda presents the solutions for our own future. The vision describes how we want to live, work, travel, eat and learn in 2050. We have presented our Youth Climate Agenda 2.0 to the Dutch government at a climate festival on the 12th of October 2019!
What is the Global Partnership?
The We Are Tomorrow Global Partnership is an international partnership that empowers young voices, consolidates and strengthens cross-border youth networks and co-creates constructive national climate action plans to influence decision makers. The team in the Netherlands aims to support youth networks in a number of countries to formulate their own vision for a sustainable world in 2050 and influence local decision makers. We do this by working on building a strong international community, look out for international lobby opportunities and prepare training trajectories with our partners. In doing so, we aim to empower ourselves to contribute to raising climate ambitions in line with the Paris Agreement (and the SDGs) in our respective countries. The current partnering countries are Uganda, Bangladesh, Chile, Egypt, Mexico, Nigeria, South-Africa, India, Qatar and The Netherlands.
What are your tasks?
You would be in charge of the trajectory development of the Global Partnership. This entails that you are responsible for the training of ourselves and our partners. This includes:
· Co-creating guidelines on how to write a Youth Climate Agenda, how to facilitate a Climate Dialogue, a.o.
· Co-creating a coaching trajectory including workshops on lobbying or community building
· Being in charge of the logistics when planning different workshops (finding trainers, communication to the partner countries, etc),
· Set up an overview for a clear and organised starter pack for new entering partners.
Send your CV and a short motivation letter no later than July 5 to: email@example.com
The interviews will take place between 10 July and 13 July via Google Hangouts. You will receive more information about this later.
Everyone is different, and that’s a good thing! It makes collaboration more fun and provides new insights and better
results. We therefore consider it important that every young person feels welcome
at the Young Climate Movement, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion
and cultural background.